On January 1, 2017, the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) was enacted. With MACRA, CMS is required to implement a quality payment incentive program, referred to as the Quality Payment Program, which rewards value and outcomes in one of two ways, the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs). The Quality Payment Program rules and regulations are being continually updated and changed and it becomes arduous for a healthcare organization to stay up-to-date with these requirements.
Under MIPS, performance is measured through the data clinicians report in four areas:
- Improvement Activities
- Promoting Interoperability (formerly Advancing Care Information)
The HPS Solution
At HPS Solutions, our complete MACRA & MIPS Solution includes the following services:
- Quality: We recommend quality measures that are relevant to the organization’s patient services, analyze the submission method, and assist with workflow implementation to optimize quality scores.
- Improvement Activities (IA): We assist with selection, documentation, and validation of organization-specific improvement activities to optimize the IA score.
- Promoting Interoperability (PI): We analyze your current PI score and recommend strategies and workflows to improve performance.
- Monthly MIPS Score Reporting: We prepare a monthly composite score calculation using vendor and proprietary-based reports and tools.
- Attestation Submission Assistance: We coordinate the submission and attestation of the organization’s MIPS categories.
- Book of Evidence: We develop the audit documentation in accordance with the MIPS final ruling and provide Side-by-Side Audit Assistance when necessary.
- HIPAA Security Risk Assessment (HIPAA SRA): We conduct the HIPAA Security Risk Assessment.
- EHR Workflow Guidance and Support: We develop and facilitate the implementation of EHR workflows to ensure efficient MIPS integration.