With the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, Congress created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education, and assistance.
Following are some of the key OSHA standards that apply to healthcare organizations.
- Hazard Communication Standard
- Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- Ionizing Radiation Standard
- Exit Route Standard
- Electrical Standard
- Emergency Action Plan Standard
- Fire Safety Standard
- First Aid Standard
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Standard
The HPS Solution
HPS Solutions facilitates the development, implementation, and monitoring of the healthcare organization’s OSHA compliance program. The program includes the development of the OSHA Safety Manual, employee training, and auditing services to include:
- OSHA Site Survey
- Hazard Risk Assessment
- Safety Data Sheet Inventory Assessment